1 WordPress specialists, 1 HTML5 CSS3 specialist and 1 designer worked for about 1 month on this project.
Our Partner is based in Norway. It is an international and self-sufficient cross-sector organisation, which majorly concentrates on modernization in all aspects of the bio-marine business. They work on – commercialisation, research & development, communication and frameworks.
Our Partner had an idea to develop a website, which will reflect their activities, interests, events, members, etc. in all; their entire identity should be communicated across their members, clients, partners, customers, etc.
Following were the challenges:
- Website should have a simple design
- It should possess Retina Responsive Design
- It has to be user friendly and engaging
- The website should be able to have the 3rd party content, like – content from Flicker, Twitter, Facebook, etc.
- Website should have Event management features.
- Integrating online payment system in the website
- Providing access permissions to various levels.
In response to the needs, we prepared a detailed system requirement document based on extensive research, and came up with the following solutions:
- Assigning Permissions: The major task in the whole process was to assign permissions at various levels. The segment had 3 categories with different access, like :
1) Visitor – They can only navigate and view the title and little description on the website.
2) Subscriber – If the visitor wishes to read further more about the articles displayed on the website, he/she needs to subscribe to these. They can subscribe for free and receive the newsletters, magazines and other information.
3) Member – If the subscriber wants more benefits, then they can apply to become a paid member, further enjoying more information about the organisation and its programs.
- Time Optimisation: The website has number of pictures and graphics which could take a lot of time to load. So we used JS and CSS compression to reduce the size. We also used Caching feature in the website. All this helped in reducing the time taken in loading the website.
- Memory Management: We integrated the image compression tool in the website, as it crops the image as per the set height and width. Thus managing the memory or space utilised by the website.
- Device Specific Performance: The website perfectly operates on every platform i.e. Personal Computer, Tablet or Smartphone.
- We also used API (Application Programming Interface) key for the 3rd party integration of Facebook, Flicker, Twitter, etc. Integrated the 3rd party Payment System
This website caters to a business operator, a service provider, a new company, any R&D firm, an investor/ fund manager or a broker, advisor, any management authority or an NGO, a consumer, any common person, etc. It benefits all of them.
As our partner was not at all tech savvy and came up to Helios Solutions with just an idea of having a website, so that they could communicate with their target market. We gave him several suggestions, like- flow of the website, design, etc. those were willingly accepted and after regular meetings and discussion, we were able to develop the website.
It was a learning process for both the parties, as we learned new technology – Retina Responsive Design.