- WooCommerce (Version 2.0.x)
- HTML5 CSS3
1 WordPress specialists, 1 HTML5 CSS3 specialist and 1 designer worked for about 23 days on this project.
Our Partner is based in Netherlands. He is a qualified person and had an idea to build a website that has the entire food category for animals, and specifically dogs.
- Our Partner wanted to develop a website, which will concentrate on displaying and selling their products. The website has complete information about the products i.e. the ingredients, nutrition levels and benefits to various breeds of dogs.
Following were the challenges:
- Website should have a simple design
- It should possess all the images of the products
- It has to be user friendly and engaging
- Integrating online payment system in the website
- Providing access permissions to various levels.
In response to the needs, we prepared a detailed system requirement document based on extensive research, and came up with the following solutions:
- Time Optimisation: The website has number of pictures and graphics which could take a lot of time to load. So we used JS and CSS compression to reduce the size. We also used Caching feature in the website. All this helped in reducing the time taken in loading the website
- Memory Management: We integrated the image compression tool in the website, as it crops the image as per the set height and width. Thus managing the memory or space utilised by the website.
- Device Specific Performance: The website perfectly operates on every platform i.e. Personal Computer, Tablet or Smartphone.
- We also used API (Application Programming Interface) key for the 3rd party integration of Facebook, Flicker, Twitter, etc.
- Integrated the 3rd party Payment System
This website caters to a business operator, a service provider, a new company, any R&D firm, an investor/ fund manager or a broker, advisor, any management authority or an NGO, a consumer, any common person, etc. It benefits all of them.
As our partner was not at all tech savvy and came up to Helios Solutions with just an idea of having a website, so that they could communicate with their target market. We gave him several suggestions, like- flow of the website, design, etc. those were willingly accepted and after regular meetings and discussion, we were able to develop the website.
It was a learning process for both the parties, as we learned new technology – Retina Responsive Design.
Our partner was impressed with our pre-planning, presentation and approach, which aided in creating the trust on Helios, which is reflected from their feedback to us.